Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spaces 101

Interior designers are a lot like lawyers. No, I don't think that they are bottom feeding blood-suckers who would slit your throat under a pretext of a loophole. Well at least not all of them...

Interior designers and lawyers both live off of funny sounding jargon which they have somehow convinced everyone is the stuff of intelligent talk. One of those words is 'spaces'. I mean, everything is a space you moron! You put things in a space. You don't 'create' them. (Well not unless you can manipulate the fabric of space and time... which would mean that all Interior designers are actually Galactus in disguise...!!!).

In that vein I've decided to do what they do:

1)Take a perfectly ordinary picture of a part of a room. Ok, ordinary if you earn more than the entire GDP of Burka Faso (Seriously, Burka Faso! Their finance minister just asked me for my credit card details via email. Apparently because they want me to hold on to several bazillion dollars for them)

2)Photograph it.

3)Label it so it looks all super cool and call it a 'space'

4)Publish it in an expensive magazine which has really hot women on the cover this blog.

This is a photo of my desk at my hostel (In NIT Trichy).

Workspaces

1 comment:

Ketan said...

LOL! Hilarious! No magazines with covers having hot women on them in your 'workspace'? :(

Maybe you should accept the Burka Paso offer. Psst... or somebody else will.